浏览次数 : 679 作者 : 来源 : 景区动态 发布时间 : 2020-01-10
Rules & Regulations of the 2020 Kulangsu
Piano Duo Competition (for two pianos), Xiamen, China
Under the leadership of the People's Government of Xiamen City, Fujian Province, China, the 2020 Kulangsu Piano Festival and Kulangsu Piano Duo Competition that organized by the Administrative Committee of Kulangsu-Wanshishan Scenic and Historic Area will be held from October 17th to October 21st in the World Cultural Heritage Site, Kulangsu. The 2020 Kulangsu piano competition during the Kulangsu piano festival is an international piano duo competition with credibility, professionalism and high specifications. The Competition Organizing Committee will manage all procedures of the Competition. The jury for the Competition will consist of renowned musicians from China and abroad. All members of the jury will rate each contestant’s performance with fair and impartial. Decisions made by the jury panel in all rounds of the competition are final and cannot be appealed against.
The Competition is open to duo pianists of all nationalities, between the age of 17 to 35 (born between October 17, 1985 and October 17, 2003). All outstanding pianists around the world (except those who have a contract with an exclusive agency) are welcome to participate in the Competition. The Competition will consist of three rounds: the preliminary round, the semi-final round, and the final round. In the preliminary round, all contestants have to submit a video for evaluation. A maximum of 18 groups who have passed the preliminary round will advance to the Semi-final，and a maximum of 6 groups will advance to the final. The Organizing Committee will be responsible for the recording, videotaping, TV replaying and Internet broadcasting of the performances, prize-winners’ concerts and all other events of the Competition. The copyrights of all audiovisual products will belong to the Organizing Committee, and the contestants will receive no payment.
* 报名表填写后需要提交一份签名确认后的报名表(拍照或扫描)，通过发送电子邮件于 2020 年 06 月 30 日前向比赛组委会报名。
4. 比赛组委会于 2020年08月20日前内通知参赛者，最终确认其半决赛资格。
Ⅰ. Application and Participation Procedures
No fees will be charged for this competition.
1. Complete the Application Form
* The application form can be downloaded from Xiamen Kulangsu Government Affairs Website: http://gly.xm.gov.cn/ or Xiamen Kulangsu Cultural Tourism Development Center official website: http://www.glyylq.cn/ to download.
* After completing the registration form, you need to submit a signed and confirmed registration form (photograph or scan), register with the competition organizing committee by mail before June 30th, 2020.
2. The Application Form shall be accompanied by the following materials: (Each member of each group should submit the following information):
* One recent half-length photo. These photos must be in .jpg formats (minimum resolution 400 dpi). Please authorize the organizer to use the photos.
* An electronic/scan version of national identity card or passport.
* An electronic version of curriculum vitae.
* Each group is required to submit 20-25 minutes of complete piano duo track video for the preliminary round. The video should not be edited, no requirement on repertoire.
The following requirements should be noticed: *
* Each piece of music can be recorded separately. Uploaded videos need to be unedited and recorded within 2 years.
* The repertoire for preliminary round only accepts pieces for two pianos. Works with four hands on one piano are not acceptable.
* Consulting phone number and email:
Phone number of the 2020 Kulangsu Piano Duo Competition Organizing Committee: +0086-592- 2570359 ,+8618906039119（Ms.Yang）
Note: Applications with unclear information or incomplete supporting materials will not be considered. Application materials will not be returned, and applicants are advised to keep a copy of their submittals. The Organizing Committee will keep all applications in strict confidence and may request applicants to provide additional information.
3. Experts recruited by the Organizing Committee will conduct a preliminary round of the applicants based on the applications received to determine their qualifications for participating in the competition. The applicants will be notified of the results of the preliminary screening by telephone or email before July 15th, 2020. The results will also be published on http://gly.xm.gov.cn/ and http://www.glyylq.cn/. Applicants should reply to the organizing committee before August 15th, 2020 after receiving the notification from the organizing committee confirming their eligibility to the semi-final round.
4. The Organizing Committee will send a notification to the applicant to regard as the final confirmation of his or her qualification for the semi-final round before August 20th, 2020.
5. Applicants shall arrive in Xiamen, China before 14:00pm of October 17th, 2020 and report to the Organizing Committee at the designated place.
6. The order of performances will be determined by a drawing of lots on the 15:00pm of October 17th and will be maintained throughout the entire competition. Contestants shall arrive at the venue of the Competition at the designated time or will be deemed to have withdrawn from the Competition.
7. There is no requirement for memorizing the music sheet throughout the competition. The order of the performances and the repetitions in the composition are determined by the player.
8. On the date of competition, all contestants shall submit two photocopies of the music score of their repertoires for the current round of competition.
9. Any repertoire changes shall be submitted to the Organizing Committee before September 1st, 2020. No repertoire change will be allowed during the Competition.
10. Contestants’Travel Expenses, Food and Accommodation:
Contestants are responsible for their own travel expenses. The Organizing Committee will provide food and accommodation after arrival in Kulangsu, Xiamen.
* Food and accommodation for contestants for the two days before the Competition (October 16th, 2020) until the end of the Competition (October 21st, 2020) will be provided as follows:
The Semi-final round Participants: Until the next morning 12:00pm after the semi-final round.
The Final round Participants: Until the next morning 12:00pm after the prizes-presenting ceremony.
* Persons accompanying the contestants will be responsible for their own travel, food, accommodation and transportation expenses. During the Competition, the Organizing Committee may arrange for food and accommodation for such persons but only at hotels designated by the Organizing Committee.
In the semi-final round and final round, the staff to assist in turning the scores will be provided by the organizing committee, and contestants can bring their own staff to assist in turning the scores.
II. Prizes for Winners:
1st Prize: RMB 70,000
2nd Prize: RMB 60,000
3rd Prize: RMB 50,000
4th Prize: RMB 25,000
5th Prize: RMB 15,000
6th Prize: RMB 10,000
Note: The above bonus is the amount after tax in RMB.
W. A. Mozart: Sonata for Two Pianos, Op.448
Ｊ.Brahms: Variations on a Theme by Haydn, Op.56b
C. Saint-Saens: Variations on a Theme by Beethoven for Two Pianos, Op.35
S. Rachmaninoff: Suite No.2 for Two Pianos, Op. 17
III. Specific requirements of repertoires
Semi-final round: Contestants will give a recital of no less than 30 and up to 35 minutes with a repertoire of their choice. No requirements for repertoires and can be the same as the preliminary rounds.
Final round: Contestants will give a recital of no less than 50 and up to 60 minutes with a repertoire of their choice. There must be three different styles of music, and including one of these repertoires:
1. W. A. Mozart---Sonata for Two Pianos, Op.448
2. Ｊ.Brahms---Variations on a Theme by Haydn, Op.56b
3. C. Saint- Saens---Variations on a Theme by Beethoven for Two Pianos, Op.35
4. S. Rachmaninoff---Suite No.2 for Two Pianos, Op. 17
Note: The repertoire of the final round must not be the same as the repertoire that used in semi-final round.
IV. Important Dates:
June 30th, 2020: Deadline for application
July 15th, 2020: Notification of results of preliminary round
August 20th, 2020:Final confirmation of semi-final round eligibility of contestants
September 1st, 2020: Deadline for repertoire changes
October 17th, 11:00am-14:00pm 2020: Register to the Organizing Committee at the designated place
October 17th, 15:00pm 2020: Drawing of lots, and time for participants to test the piano before the competition
October 18 & 19th, 2020: The Semi-final round
October 19 & 20th, 2020: The Final round
October 21st, 2020: Prizes-presenting ceremony & prize-winner’s concert
V. The Organizing Committee of the 2020 Kulangsu Piano Duo Competition is responsible for interpreting these Rules and Regulations.
Kulangsu-Wanshishan Scenic Area Administration Committee, Xiamen
January 10, 2020