发布时间 : 2021-04-30
*报名表请登录厦门鼓浪屿政务网: http://gly.xm.gov.cn/ 或厦门市鼓浪屿文化旅游发展中心官方网站:http://www.glyylq.cn/下载。
* 报名表填写后需要提交一份签名确认后的报名表(拍照或扫描)，通过发送电子邮件于 2021 年 08 月 25日前向比赛组委会报名。
W. A. Mozart: Sonata for Two Pianos, Op.448
J.Brahms: Variations on a e Them by Haydn, Op.56b
C. Saint-Saens: Variations on a Theme by Beethoven for Two Pianos, Op.35
F. Chopin Rondo in C major for two pianos, Op. 73
The 10th Kulangsu Piano Festival & Kulangsu Piano Duo Competition（for two pianos)
"The waves of Kulangsu are accompanied by the sound of the piano. The romantic piano island welcomes friends from all over the world". On the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Communist Party of China, The 10th Kulangsu Piano Festival & Kulangsu Piano Duo Competition, organized by the Administrative Committee of Xiamen Gulangyu-Wanshishan Scenic Area, will be held in Kulangsu on October 17, 2021. This Piano Festival, as an important cultural brand activity to improve the quality of the Kulangsu Historical International Community, is also an important step for the development of Xiamen's cultural industry. We will uphold the principle of professionalism, authority and public credibility, carry forward the characteristics of Kulangsu's musical culture, and highlight the public welfare nature of Kulangsu's musical culture, express our pure heart with art and congratulate the centenary of the founding of the Communist Party of China with music.
This piano festival blends famous islands, famous songs, famous artists, and famous piano combinations. It is not only a hall of famous artists, but also a public welfare stage for sharing and display. During the piano festival, the “Kulangsu Piano Duo Competition" will also be held to provide pianists with academic and standardized musical performance opportunities.
Rules & Regulations of the Kulangsu Piano Duo Competition (for two pianos), Xiamen, China
"Kulangsu Piano Duo Competition" is organized by Administrative Committee of Xiamen Gulangyu-Wanshishan Scenic Area. The preliminary and semi-finals of the competition will be selected online, and the final will be held on October 21st, 2021 in the world cultural heritage site, Kulangsu .This competition is a high-standard piano duo competition with credibility and professionalism. The jury for the Competition will consist of renowned musicians. All members of the jury will rate each contestant’s performance fairly and impartially. Decisions made by the jury panel in all rounds of the competition are final and cannot be appealed against.
The Competition is open to duo pianists of all nationalities between the age of 17- 35 years old (born after Oct.17, 1986 and before Oct. 17, 2004). The Competition will consist of three rounds: the preliminary round, the semi-final round, and the final round. In the preliminary round and the semi-final round, all contestants have to submit a video for evaluation online. A maximum of 18 groups who have passed the preliminary round will advance to the Semi-final，and a maximum of 6 groups will advance to the final. The Organizing Committee will be responsible for the recording, videotaping, TV replaying and Internet broadcasting of the performances and all other events of the Competition. The copyrights of all audiovisual products will belong to the Organizing Committee, and the contestants will receive no payment.
Ⅰ.Application and Participation Procedures
No fees will be charged for this competition.
Each contestant group shall submit the following materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Complete the Application Form
* The application form can be downloaded from Xiamen Kulangsu Government Affairs Website: http://gly.xm.gov.cn/ or Xiamen Kulangsu Cultural Tourism Development Center official website: http://www.glyylq.cn/
* After completing the registration form, you need to submit a signed and confirmed registration form (photograph or scan), register with the competition organizing committee by mail before August 25th, 2021.
2. The Application Form shall be accompanied by the following materials: (Each member of each group should submit the following information):
*One recent half-length photo. These photos must be in .jpg formats (minimum resolution 400 dpi). Submitting and uploading photos is deemed as agreeing to the organizer's use of the contestants' portrait rights in related activities and publicity of this competition.
* An electronic/scan version of national identity card or passport.
* An electronic version of curriculum vitae.
*The piano duo group (2 persons) needs to submit the video of the preliminary competition. The video duration of the preliminary round shall not be less than 15 minutes, and at most 20 minutes. The repertoire can be freely selected. If the selected repertoire is a sonata or suite, the contestant can choose a piece of music to perform. (Each piece submitted must be played in its entirety. If only part of the piece is submitted, it will not be reviewed.) Video recording is not allowed to be edited, and the camera is not allowed to move.
The following requirements should be noticed:
*Each piece of music can be recorded separately. Uploaded videos need to be unedited and recorded within 2 years.
* The repertoire for preliminary round only accepts pieces for two pianos. Works with four hands on one piano are not acceptable.
* Consulting phone number and email:
Phone number of the 2021 Gulangsu Piano Duo Competition Organizing Committee:+0086-592- 2570359
Note: Applications with unclear information or incomplete supporting materials will not be considered. Application materials will not be returned, and applicants are advised to keep a copy of their submittals. The Organizing Committee will keep all applications in strict confidence and may request applicants to provide additional information.
3. Experts recruited by the Organizing Committee will conduct a preliminary round of the applicants based on the applications received to determine their qualifications for participating in the competition. The applicants will be notified of the results of the preliminary screening by telephone or email before August 31st, 2021.The results will also be published on http://gly.xm.gov.cn/ and http://www.glyylq.cn/.
4. Applicants confirmed to the semi-final round should submit their piano duo track video for the semi-final round to the competition organizing committee before September 30th, 2021.
5. The applicants will be notified of the results of the semi-final round by telephone or email before October 5th, 2021. The results will also be published on http://gly.xm.gov.cn/ and http://www.glyylq.cn/.
6.All contestants of the final round shall submit their repertoires before October 8th, 2021, no change is allowed after submission .
7.All contestants of the final round shall arrive in Kulangsu, Xiamen, China before 14:00p.m, October 19th and report to the Organizing Committee at the designated place.
8. The order of performances will be determined by a drawing of lots on the 15:00p.m. of October 19th, 2021. Contestants shall arrive at the venue of the Competition at the designated time or will be deemed to have withdrawn from the Competition.
9.There is no requirement for memorizing the music sheet throughout the competition. The order of the performances and the repetitions in the composition is determined by the player.
10.On the date of the competition, all contestants shall submit two photocopies of the music score of their repertoires for the current round of competition.
11. Contestants' Travel Expenses, Food and Accommodation:
Contestants are responsible for their own travel expenses. The Organizing Committee will provide food and accommodation after arrival in Kulangsu, Xiamen.
* Food and accommodation for contestants for the two days before the Competition (October 19th, 2021) until the end of the Competition (October 21st ,2021) will be provided by the Organizing Committee.
* Persons accompanying the contestants will be responsible for their own travel, food, accommodation and transportation expenses. During the Competition, the Organizing Committee may arrange for food and accommodation for such persons but only at hotels designated by the Organizing Committee.
Note: In the final round, the staff to assist in turning the scores will be provided by the organizing committee, and contestants can bring their own staff to assist in turning the scores.
II. Prizes for Winners:
1st Prize: RMB 30,000
2nd Prize: RMB 25,000
3rd Prize: RMB 20,000
4th Prize: RMB 10,000
5th Prize: RMB 5,000
6th Prize: RMB 3,000
Note: The above bonus is the amount after tax in RMB.
III. Specific requirements of repertoires
Semi-final round: The video submitted by Contestants should be no less than 25 and up to 30 minutes with a repertoire of their choice. Repertoires should be piano duo pieces (for two pianos) and can be the same as the preliminary rounds. The repertoire can be freely selected.
If the selected repertoire is a sonata or suite, the contestant can choose a piece of music to perform. (Each piece submitted must be played in its entirety. If only part of the piece is submitted, it will not be reviewed.) Video recording is not allowed to be edited, and the camera is not allowed to move.
Final round: Contestants will give a recital of no less than 40 and up to 50 minutes with a repertoire of their choice. There must be three different styles of music, and including one of these repertoires:
1. W. A. Mozart---Sonata for Two Pianos, Op.448
2.Ｊ.Brahms---Variations on a Theme by Haydn, Op.56b
3.C. Saint- Saens---Variations on a Theme by Beethoven for Two Pianos, Op.35
4. F. Chopin---Rondo in C major for two pianos, Op. 73
Note: The repertoire of the final round must not be the same as the repertoire that used in the semi-final round.
IV. Important Dates:
August 25th, 2021: Deadline for application
August 31st, 2021: Notification of results of the preliminary round
September 30th, 2021: Deadline for submitting semi-final video
October 5th, 2021: Notification of results of the semi-final round
October 8th, 2021: Final confirmation of the semi-final round eligibility of contestants
October 19th, 2021,14:00 p.m: Register to the Organizing Committee at the designated place
October 19th, 2021,15:00 p.m: Drawing of lots, and time for participants to test the piano before the competition
October 21st, 2021: The Final round
October 21st, 2021,18:00 p.m: The Final round Prizes-presenting ceremony
V. The Organizing Committee of the Kulangsu Piano Duo Competition is responsible for interpreting these Rules and Regulations.
Administrative Committee of Xiamen Gulangyu-Wanshishan Scenic Area
April 29 , 2021
* The designated piano for this competition is a Chinese brand: Yangtze River Piano
Reminder：All contestants are required to comply with the COVID-19 epidemic prevention and control regulations of the national and local governments of the People's Republic of China
------- END ------